Schools MTB League – Eastern Cape
View National and Provincial calendar below
Selection of Eastern Cape Team to Spur Schools National final
- Only High school riders may be selected to go to the national final.
- A rider that is 14 years old and in the Primary School cannot be selected.
- Currently the league only allow riders registered at a school to go to the final. No home school riders may be selected.
- The top performing High school from East London and from Port Elizabeth will be selected to go to the final.
- The winner of each High School category will be selected to go to the final. Second and third place might go depending on time behind the winner and funds available.
- The team will be finalized during next week and announced soon after.
During the 2017 Season you can qualify for you provincial schools colours by participating in this series.
Provincial MTB School Colours to be awarded using the points allocating table below as well as the following criteria:
- In all cases the individual must achieve at least 48 points in the series ( 3 events PE) to qualify for provincial schools colours.
- We take the best two results into consideration out of three events.
General info on Schools League
The Spur Schools MTB League is a series of races catering for School Pupils in the greater Port Elizabeth and East London area. In the absence of many races actually giving recognition towards younger riders, it is nice to see the Spur Schools MTB League is becoming highly contested and well attended by what is currently SA’s proving grounds for future MTB stars.
Qualify to represent the Eastern Cape at the National final taking place at Bekker School in Gauteng! Before riders get selected for the National final they will fight it out in regional finals both East London and Port Elizabeth. That will be followed with a Provincial Final for final selection. Trophies will be handed out to best schools at both district and Provincial final.
- Every finisher from position 26 will receive 1 point.
- The School achieving the most points overall, including all categories, will be declared the winner.
Ages and Categories
(Note: Provision is made for a separate U15 and U16 Youth Men Caterogry)
- U7 & U8 Sub Nipper Boys / Girls
- U9 & U10: Nipper Boys / Girls
- U11 & U12: Sprog Boys / Girls
- U14: Sub Junior Boys / Girls
- U15 & U16 : Youth Women
- U15: Youth Men
- U16: Youth Men
- U17 & U18: Junior – Boys / Girls
Download the official Spur Schools League guide here
PE Schools that are interested can contact Graeme Daly at Graeme.Daly@TelkomSA.net
Telphone: 041 373 2375 (Office) 083 343 2840 (Cell)
East London Schools can contact Eastern Wheelers at info@EasternWheelers.co.za 043 726 0044