Schools MTB League – Eastern Cape
View the provisional list of schools colours (PE) – HERE
- All riders on the list accumulated 70 points or more. Their best three results counted.
- A rider needs 70 points or more to qualify for provincial schools colours.
- See points allocation table lower down on page.
- Please inform us if any rider with 70 points or more do not appear on the list.
- View full results and points allocated per rider at each event HERE.
Selection of Eastern Cape Team to Spur Schools National final
- Only High school riders may be selected to go to the national final.
- A rider that is 14 years old and in the Primary School cannot be selected.
- Currently the league only allow riders registered at a school to go to the final. No home school riders may be selected.
- The top performing High school from East London and from Port Elizabeth will be selected to go to the final.
- The winner of each High School category will be selected to go to the final. Second and third place might go depending on time behind the winner and funds available.
- The team will be finalized during next week and announced soon after.
East Cape MTB School Colours
Provincial MTB School Colours to be awarded using the points allocating table below as well as the following criteria:
- In all cases the individual must achieve at least 70 points in the series to qualify for provincial schools colours.
- We take the best three results into consideration out of four events.
- This year we adapted the criteria slightly because of the splitting up of age categories.
Pop in at our local Bike and Brew bike shop who support the PE Schools League!
Visit The Bike and Brew on facebook
General info on Schools League
The Spur Schools MTB League is a series of races catering for School Pupils in the greater Port Elizabeth and East London area. In the absence of many races actually giving recognition towards younger riders, it is nice to see the Spur Schools MTB League is becoming highly contested and well attended by what is currently SA’s proving grounds for future MTB stars.
During the 2016 Season you can qualify for you provincial schools colours by participating in this series.
Qualify to represent the Eastern Cape at the National final taking place at Bekker School in Gauteng! Before riders get selected for the National final they will fight it out in regional finals both East London and Port Elizabeth. That will be followed with a Provincial Final for final selection. Trophies will be handed out to best schools at both district and Provincial final.
- Every finisher from position 26 will receive 1 point.
- The School achieving the most points overall, including all categories, will be declared the winner.
Ages and Categories
(Note: Provision is made for a separate U15 and U16 Youth Men Caterogry)
- U7 & U8 Sub Nipper Boys / Girls
- U9 & U10: Nipper Boys / Girls
- U11 & U12: Sprog Boys / Girls
- U14: Sub Junior Boys / Girls
- U15 & U16 : Youth Women
- U15: Youth Men
- U16: Youth Men
- U17 & U18: Junior – Boys / Girls
Download the official Spur Schools League guide here